http://www.conversationswithmaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/logo-maria-menounos.png 0 0 Maria Menounos http://www.conversationswithmaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/logo-maria-menounos.png Maria Menounos2016-01-18 10:39:582016-01-18 10:39:58Five Step GTD Process
The 5-step Getting Things Done (GTD) Process/Method:
- Capture – identify anything that has your attention- notice it everything filling your mind and write it down. I mean everything: little, big, write it all. Remember: Your head is for having ideas, not holding them. In doing this step you’ll need collection tools such as an in basket, tray, etc. It doesn’t matter where you write, as long as you write it all down.
- Clarify- In this step you get your in-basket empty- you figure out what do you need to do to take the ideas that were filling your head into actions. Ask the following:-Are they actionable? What is the next action?What is the project that will come as a result of this?
- Organize– Park results in a trusted organizational system. AKA figure out what results you want from these actions and organize them.
- Reflect- Look at your calendar –be able to see what you decided and what you kept track of it. What do you need to look at? How are you going to orient yourself? Also, do a Weekly review. This is a key element that most people are not doing—once a week take a look at yourself for 1-2 hours to make sure you are on track
- Engage- Choose where you put your intention on what you do. Make a trusted choice about what your options are.