Technology Problem& Solutions:
First things’ first: You should always know the best way to alleviate any emotional or physical health issues caused by Tech is to take a break. But if you can’t, here are some solutions:
Forgetting to Take Breaks While Working At The Computer-
- Solution: A free Chrome and Firefox browser plug-in, EVO prompts users to take frequent breaks. Running in the 20-20-20 mode, the plug-in will cause the computer screen to go black every 20 minutes, encouraging users to look at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. In the 60-5 mode, it will recommend that users take a five-minute break after every 60 minutes of work. In addition, the service’s animated robot directs users through a series of eye-strengthening calisthenics. http://www.protectyourvision.org/
Digital Eye Strain:
- Solution: Gunnar- If you’ve ever seen professional video gamers, you might have noticed some wearing special glasses. They may be wearing Gunnar Optiks glasses, with amber-tinted lenses that filter out artificial light and improve image contrast. By producing slight magnification, the glasses — which range in cost from $79 to $189 — can also help reduce eyestrain. Their shape encourages formation of eye moisture, anti-glare coating helps reduce fatigue caused by reflected rays, and prescription Carl Zeiss lenses can be added to enhance overall effectiveness, the company says. https://gunnar.com/
Trouble Shutting Down after a tech-filled Day
· Solution: Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds, White Noise & Fan: Description Take back control of your sleep with Relax Melodies, the most popular sleep app featured in People magazine and Mashable. Start sleeping now and enjoy full nights of sleep like you haven’t in a long time!
Select sounds and melodies that you like and combine and adjust the volume of each sound to create a mix. Add one of our meditations specially designed for sleep, lay back, listen, and enjoy falling asleep. Is that simple and it works. Use timers and alarms if needed. Create different and new mixes every time!
· Solution: Headspace for guided meditation- Headspace is a digital service that provides guided meditation sessions and mindfulness training. Its content can be accessed online, or via their mobile apps. In April 2016, Headspace claimed to have over 6 million people using the app.
o When you’re listening to a guided meditation, how do you turn off the other noises on your phone?
“The google Effect” or “Digital Amnesia” – The Google effect, also called digital amnesia, is the tendency to forget information that can be found readily online by using Internet search engines such as Google. According to the first study about the Google effect people are less likely to remember certain details they believe will be accessible online. However, the study also claims that people’s ability to learn information offline remains the same
- Solution: Elevate APP – it was selected by Apple as App of the Year! Elevate is a brain training program designed to improve focus, speaking abilities, processing speed, memory, math skills, and more. Each person is provided with a personalized training program that adjusts over time to maximize results. The more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are proven to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence. Users who train at least 3 times per week have reported dramatic gains and increased confidence.
Acne caused by cell phones.
- Solution: Scrubbing down before bed may not be enough to keep pesky acne at bay. Cell phones can be covered in bacteria, causing oils to collect when placed against the face. The result? Unwanted pimples on cheeks and chins! (And unfortunately, there’s no app to help.) Try talking on speakerphone or use a headset to keep phones away from the face. Also, clean your phone with an alcohol pad.
The World Health Organization says, “move it, or lose it,” and really means it. Being sedentary is a global problem that affects developed countries acutely. Physical inactivity kills more than 3 million people a year, making it the fourth leading risk factor for death, WHO says.
- Solution: Be sure to get up and walk every hour and Use the Health app to track your steps!